So, you didn't plan on dressing up for Halloween, because maybe you hadn't been invited to a Halloween party and you were just planning on sitting home in the dark watching TV. Well, out of no where someone invites you to a Halloween party, but you have NO idea what you're going to wear. All of the good costumes you know have either been rented, or purchased. So, what do you do? Well, take a look below at the following Costume ideas:
* Carry a quarter and a hammer. What are you? A Quarter-pounder.
* Dress in pink and carry a feather. What are you? Tickled pink.
* Dress all in black, tie a shot glass around your neck. What are you? A shot in the dark!
* Wear all black and put a postage stamp (enlarged if possible) on your chest. What are you? Black mail.
* Wrap yourself in wrapping paper with a tag: "From: God, To: Women". What are you? God's gift to women.
* Attach suger-cubes (or candy) all over yourself. What are you? Sugar-Daddy or Sugar-Momma.
* Tie an old CD around your neck and carry a lighter. What are you? A CD burner? (DVDs work well too)
* Draw the letter C seven times on face and arms (use safe ink!). What is it? The Seven Seas.
* Get a small weight (e.g. dumbbell) and stare at it intently. What are you? Watching your weight.
* Draw the letter P around the child's eyes. What are you? "Black-Eyed-Peas". Be careful to use safe ink!!!!
* Quarter (or preferably enlarged photocopy of one) taped to your back. What are you? A quarter-back.
* Put a pot on your head. What are you? A pot head.
* Box with two circular or semi-circular holes over your head with the label, "free mammogram".
* Black clothes and white face paint? A mime (you can even skip the paint if it is not available).
* Wrap yourself in some (or all) aluminum foil. What are you? A baked potato!
* Make a large colorful name tag. Say things like "I'd like to buy a vowel" or "Oceans of the world for 500". Game show contestant.
* Got an old black leather jacket? Hair Gel? Jeans? 50s guy.
* Mix black, white, red/orange, blue face paint and paint bugs and dots on your face. Put a few plastic bugs in your hair. What are you? Bug bites!
* Put a piece of styrofoam beneath an old t-shirt. Stab a fork through it (careful!!!!). You are 'done'.
* Affix one couch cushion to the front of you and one to the back. What are you? The lost TV remote.
* Wear all white. Attach (or paint) yellow circle to your stomach. You are an egg. Add horns and a pitchfork and you are a deviled egg.
* Get an old box. Cut a hole for your head. Attach book, tissue box, and lamp. What are you? A "One Night Stand!"
* Put a pillow on your belly. What are you? Pregnant.
* Paint a shoebox black and attach it to your back. What are you? A refrigerator magnet.
* Cowboy hat, boots, corduroy? Instant cowboy.
* Bridal gown and sneakers? What are you? Runaway bride.
* Paint one finger gold. What are you? Gold finger.
* Put crosses all over the clothes you are wearing. What are you? A cross dresser.
* Dress normally. Pin some socks, dryer sheets, hand towels to your shirt. Static cling.
* Carry around some paper. If someone askes what you are tear one up. What are you? A paper shredder.
* Catcher's glove, loaf of rye bread. Attach the bread to you, wear the glove. Catcher in the rye.
* Wear a t-shirt with a large ? (question mark) on it. Tape popcorn to it. What are you? A pop quiz.
* Wear extra-large bra over your clothes. Stuff with spices. What are you? A spice rack.
* Get some cat and dog stuffed animals. Use double sided tape or string to attach to an umbrella. Its raining cats and dogs.
* Wear normal clothes. Attach a dollar to each ear. What are you? A Bucaneer. (Buck-an-ear).
* Take a stuffed dog and attach it to your a long sleeve shirt. Use safety pins (or if you can, sew it). Instant attack dog trainer.
* Dress in a nice suit. Attach legal documents to yourself. What are you? A law suit.
* An empty box of cereal. A toy knife. Instant "Cereal Killer."
* Attach unlit cigarette butts to a hat. What are you? A butt-head.
* Black jacket and black pants. (a) Add a beard and top hat and copy of the Gettysburg Address and you are Abraham Lincoln. (b) Add dark glasses and slick back your hair and you are "Men in Black." (helps to have a friend to dress with!). (c) Add a hat and you are a "Blues Brother." (d) If you have a white color, you can be a priest.
* Attach a pan to your belt. What are you? Peter Pan
* Put a pillow on your chest. What are you? Arnold Schwarzenegger or Pamela Anderson (at 80 years old if the pillow is bad!).
* Find a toy airplane. When asked what you are, hold it in your hand. An aircraft carrier.
* Put a pillow on your back under your shirt. What are you? Quasimodo!
* Put a sign that says "Go Ceilings!!!!" on your shirt. What are you? A Ceiling Fan! Cheer to help the effect.
* Attach a muffin to your hat. What are you? The Muffin-Man
* Construction Worker Costume: Old shirt, work boots, tool belt, hand tools, work gloves, hard hat, walkie-talkie or some combination
* Wear all white. Attach old cups, milk cartons etc to you. What are you? White trash.
* For those times you don't want to go: say you're going as a cable-guy - since they never show up; or the invisible man.
* Wear red, white, and blue. Instant American Flag.
So, these are some simple ideas you can use, in case you need a costume last minute.
Anyone remember this show?
I sure do, it was my favorite Halloween movie when I was a kid. Halloween is getting closer and I have 3 costume ideas and I have to have it planned out no later than Thursday night. Wish me luck!
I wish they had called a snow day today! Man there is so much snow outside, just look below at a picture from my phone. This is what it looks like outside my window at work. Total White out!
Anyways, yesterday I was going to get a drink with a friend of mine and we looked at this guys desk that had a balloon on it with all of the disney princesses on it. Well, she says to me "Who is the chick in Mulan?" I was like "Mulan", then she says to me "What is her name?" I looked at her and started laughing, I could barely get out that her name was "Mulan". I'm thinking, how do you not know who Mulan is? I guess it just seems like second nature like Everyone should ALL know who the Disney princesses are, and I advised my friend that she was definitely sheltered if she didn't know that the Movie Mulan is the name of the character.
Also, last night I went to the Salt Lake City Cemetary with a friend for an Archaeology class. It was so dark out, but for some reason I was not scared. She had to find headstones for people who had passed away in the 1800's. It was crazy, we found a family of 9 children who passed away the same day. Then, we found a guy whose first wife died on his birthday. It was so sad to see all of these, but it was really cool to see. Then we found a few of the prophets and to be honest I have been to the SLC cemetary many times, but never thought to look for them before. It was REALLY cool. That cemetary is Huge!
Anyways, it was a good night. The most random things happen to me, which is crazy, but they do. As the random things keep coming up I'll be happy to keep sharing.
So, on Friday night, Overstock.com had a concert sponsored by our CEO Patrick Byrne. It was fun, because there was dancing involved and I got to hangout with friends. I'm not really a big fan of the Wallflowers, but it was really cool to hear them nonetheless.
Then on Saturday morning I got to hang out with my favorite Aunt. My Aunt Peggy, she's seriously so fun, and that was officially the first time I got to hang out with Just her. I've never done that before, usually I would see her if other family was around. I had a blast Aunt Peggy thanks for hanging out with me!
Also, on Sunday I hung out with this way hilarious lady name Keri Macey, she's so crazy! I love it! She has so much energy and has so many ideas. Plus she really knows how to make you feel better about yourself. She's just good at complementing people and saying kind things. It just makes it so you want to hang out with her all of the time because she's just SO positive. There is nothing wrong with positive.
Anyways, so that was my crazy fun weekend. Hope everyone else's weekend went well...
After a long hiatus from Volleyball, I went to my old Single's Ward and played Volleyball. Okay, it was awesome, because no matter how rusty I thought I was going to be, I wasn't and in fact played better than I thought I would. Now I have Volleyball on the brain and can't shut it out. All I want to do is set a volleyball all day, is that weird? I'm sure it is, but that just shows true passion for the sport right? Anyways, I had a lot of fun, and a big group of us went to breakfast afterwards. It was so nice to just hang out with a group of friends, quote movies, and laugh. Usually it's fun like that when I go, but not always. So, it was really nice to have a big group. The best movie quote of the night was a quote from the movie "The Ringer". Okay seriously? I LOVE that movie, it's hilarious!
Okay so that recording was lame, but still the movie is amazing!
Anyways, that's it from me, have a great day!
So, I was thinking of things that I am tired of. However, rather than be negative I instead am opting to find the good things in life, and list out the blessings I have. So, here we go...
- I have an awesome Job
- I have wonderful parents
- I have amazing friends
- I have SO much Joy in my life
- I'm a member of a really great Choir
- I'm good with people
- I have a good phone voice
- I'm 21 and still holding, JK!
- I have a strong relationship with God
- I love my religion, it's who I am
- I have an Awesome Sister
You see, if you took inventory in your life the same way you take inventory at a job. You would find an endless supply of blessings in your life, and you would dwell less on the negative things that happen. Like the list above, I challenge all of my family and friends to do the same. Bad things happen, but they don't have to run your life. My Mom has always said, "This too shall Pass". She's so right, and I love her for the great advice she always gives me, and because of her I'm a better person. Love you Mom!
So, I've had a lot of Disney Songs in my head lately, and these are just a few:
Since I couldn't put them all on here, I'll spare you the agony. Still though, don't you think Disney is amazing? Granted they have some bad ideas, but overall they've helped shape nearly every child's dreams. So, today I celebrate all things Disney and am listening to Disney all day. Who knows how long it will last, but hopefully for a while it take me back to my childhood and I can remember those dreams I had as a child.
I'm enjoying my room mates, we're having a TON of fun. Today I went home for lunch, and I caught my room mate in the bathroom singing to herself. HAHA, U2 never sound so girly.
Anyways, we've had fun lately, Jenny had a date last night and he stayed late to watch a movie with us. I don't think he left until 1am, which is crazy but he was a lot of fun to hang out with. If anything I know she'll at least be friends with the guy.
I actually haven't been dating, which isn't a bad thing. Right now I've realized a few things, and they are:
- I need to get my life in order
- I need to find trust
- I need to accomplish goals that will propel me to where I want to be.
So, now once I accomplish these things, life will be a MILLION times easier and I'll feel better about dating when my life is in order.
Things at work are really good, Overstock.com is celebrating their 10 year anniversary which is so cool, because I've been with the company for at least 6 years of it. I've seen it go through many changes, and ups and downs. All I can say about it is it's a great company to work for. The CEO really cares about his employees, and it's always a lot of fun to work their. The people I get to work with are awesome, and one of them happens to be one of my best friends. Anyways, I love my job and I'm happy what more could I ask for?
So today is Friday! HOOOORAY! It's my choir concert tonight. In case you didn't know I joined a choir about 2 months ago, and absolutely love it! The choir director is the one and only Sterling Poulson from Channel 2 news. He's a really nice guy, and really funny too. If you ever watch the weather you know what I mean. I'm really excited because we had our dress rehearsal last night and it was amazing! We have this band playing with us, and they are spectactular. They're all highschool age kids, and they play so well. I'm so stoked, I really think this is going to be a huge hit. I'm really glad I joined this choir, it's definitely worth it and it helps me conquer this little fear I have of singing infront of people. Hopefully, one day I'll just get over it completely. Who knows, maybe someday.
Saturday night I helped my friend Leslie paint her living room. I had so much fun, and had some Dr. Pepper. I know it's bad for me, and I try to limit the soda as much as possible. Anyways, so we finish up and I drive home well on my way home I'm driving on State Street, and this stupid woman walks out infront of my car. The whole time I'm watching her I immediately slam on my brakes and not once does she look in my direction. The whole time I'm watching her face, and she just keeps walking and doesn't even turn to look in my direction. I came within inches of hitting this woman, and she was completely oblivious to me. It didn't scare me right away, because I felt that I was not alone when I was driving. I felt like I had some help. I'm so glad I had guardian angels watching over me, and fortunately that woman. Although she didn't notice it there was someone there watching over both of us. By the time I got home I just couldn't sleep, it had me pretty shook up. I've been thanking Heavenly Father ever since.
So, that's been my weekend, how about you?
So, now that I have an alarm system for the house that's been broken into I now have to get a lock for my gas tank. That's right everyone, someone Actually siphoned gas from my car.
I so wish I had been there to catch these thieves but they did it in the middle of the night. It's so frustrating, I can't even tell you it's almost a violation of sorts. So, now my poor car....oh well at least I have a new gas cap for it that locks.
Things have been okay lately, I can't complain. I love my new room mate Jenny, she's seriously like my sister. Her parents act like I'm a member of their family. It's never a big deal if I just show up for dinner at their house, although I still ask to make sure it's okay. Still though, it's like they never question it if I'm there. Plus her parents in many ways remind me of My parents, they have Some of the same qualities. Love them all!
Did I ever tell you how amazing my parents are? Just wanted you to know that...I have a really awesome sister who really makes efforts to stay a part of my life. She genuinely wants to know how I'm doing, especially if she hasn't heard from me in a while. That's a really awesome trait she has, and I love her very much!
Anyways, have to go. I'm at my parents house so I still have to head home.